Why Sunday School Is Important...
1. Sunday School improves your Bible knowledge. When you know and understand God’s Word for yourself, you are more likely to obey the Lord. The Bible knowledge gained in Sunday School also helps you become more proficient in using God’s Word, the Bible.
2. Sunday School assists your spiritual growth. Think of Sunday School teachers and class members who have modeled the Christian life. You learned from their examples how to live for Jesus. Most importantly, spiritual growth often occurs best in the context of small group Bible study. That’s Sunday School.
3. Sunday School provides a “place to belong.” In a Sunday School class you are known, personally recognized and transparency is more likely to occur. You can share needs and concerns in your life. As you participate in class discussions, you become connected.
4. Sunday School helps you build meaningful relationships. You meet people, learn their names, hear their stories, and meet their families. You share fellowship times with class members. You minister alongside others. Deep friendships are built!
5. Sunday School provides opportunities to serve and minister. Contacts with “unchurched" people, gives you the privilege of sharing your faith. You show the love of Jesus by ministering to class members who have needs.
6. Sunday School has a place for the whole family. In one trip to church your entire family can participate in the important purposes of Bible study, connection, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism. You gain the assurance of knowing every member of your family is involved in weekly, small-group Bible study, which is growing their Bible knowledge and helping them grow spiritually.